- Date: 03/18/2017 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Calistoga Community Pool
1745 Washington Street
Calistoga, California 94515
- Introduction: Come have fun at the pool, learn life saving techniques, and gain first hand leadership and team work experience! For more information, call us!
Lifeguard Training is offered this spring to certify lifeguards according to Red Cross training standards. Come have fun at the pool, learn life saving techniques, and gain first hand leadership and team work experience! No previous experience is necessary and we will help you achieve your goals if you are concerned with previous experience. Call the office today for more information or answers to your questions and concerns regarding the course.Return to full list >>
This class will be completed over two weekends, 3/17-3/19 and 3/24-3/26. Fridays from 4:00-7:00PM and Saturday and Sundays from 8:00-5:00PM. You must register for this course. To do so, please call Calistoga Recreation Services at (707) 942-2838 or visit calistogarecreation.com
- Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course
- Must swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing
- Must be able to tread water for two minutes using only the legs
- Must complete a timed event retrieving an object at a depth of 7 to 10 feet under water
The purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course is to provide entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize, and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries, and sudden illness until emergency medical services personnel take over.
Attend all class sessions, successfully perform all required skills, successfully complete three final skill scenarios and pass the written exam with a minimum grade of 80 percent or better for each section.
Upon completion participants will receive an American Red Cross Title 22 certification good for three years and American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/ CPR/ AED for Lifeguards for two years.