May 15, 2012 City Council Meeting
City of Calistoga Agenda
Mayor: Jack Gingles
Vice Mayor: Michael Dunsford
Councilmembers: Chris Canning
CITY COUNCIL – REGULAR MEETING
TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012 – 7:00 P.M.
Calistoga Community Center
1307 Washington Street, Calistoga, CA 94515
Calistoga City Council Agenda Napa County Board of Supervisors Agenda
As a courtesy, please silence your cell phones and other electronic devices
while the meeting is in session. Thank you.
A) CALL TO ORDER
B) SALUTE TO THE FLAG
C) ACTION OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
D) ORAL COMMUNICATION ON CONSENT ITEMS OR NON-AGENDA ITEMS
This time is set aside to receive comments from the public regarding matters on the Consent Calendar or matters of municipal concern not on the agenda. Pursuant to Government Code section 54954.3 (the Brown Act), however, the Council cannot consider any issues or take action on any requests during this comment period. Speakers are encouraged to limit their comments to 3 minutes maximum so that all speakers have an opportunity to address the City Council.
Appreciation award to Frank Schnell (8 years of service as the HandyVan Driver in Calistoga)
F) ADOPTION OF MEETING AGENDA
G) CONSENT CALENDAR
1) Consideration of text amendment to the Calistoga Municipal Code, initiated by Silver Rose Venture LLC amending Chapter 17.24, Title 17 (Zoning) and amending Article III, Sections 17.24.170, 17.24.180, 17.24.190, 17.24. 200, 17.24.210, and 17.24.220 to replace the existing PD District with a new PD District to allow for the redevelopment of the Silver Rose Resort.
RECOMMEDNED ACTION: Adopt Ordinance.
2) Consideration of a Development Agreement as allowed by Chapter 17.39 of the Municipal Code, initiated by Silver Rose Venture LLC for the redevelopment of the Silver Rose Resort.
RECOMMENDED ACTION: Adopt Ordinance.
H) RECESS TO A JOINT MEETING WITH THE NAPA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS TO DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
1. Presentation on services and supports available to Calistoga and Napa County senior citizens.
• City of Calistoga Staff Presentation
• Board of Supervisors Staff Presentation
2. Status report on the Napa County Regional Park and Open Space District operation of the Bothe-Napa Valley State Park and the Bale Grist Mill State Historic Park
• Board of Supervisors Staff Presentation
I) ADJOURN THE JOINT MEETING WITH THE NAPA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND RECONVENE TO THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE CALISTOGA CITY COUNCIL
J) COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
To the next scheduled Special Meeting of the Calistoga City Council, on Thursday, May 17, 2012, Calistoga Community Center, 1307 Washington Street, 12:00 p.m.
Amanda Davis, Deputy City Clerk
NOTICE: If you challenge a city’s zoning, planning, or other decision in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council at, or prior to, the public hearing. Judicial review of any City administrative decision may be had only if a petition is filed with the court not later than the 90th day following the date upon which the decision becomes final. Judicial review of environmental determinations may be subject to a shorter time period for Litigation, in certain cases 30 days following the date of final decision.
PLEASE NOTE: Any person who wishes to speak regarding an item on the agenda or make a comment under the “Oral Communication” portion of the agenda may voluntarily complete a “Speaker Card” and submit it to the City Clerk BEFORE that portion of the agenda is called. Speaker cards are available on the table in back of the room. Please observe the time limit of three minutes.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the City Council regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the public counter at City Hall located on the first floor at 1232 Washington Street during normal business hours.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting please contact the City Clerk’s Department at (707) 942-2807. Notification forty-eight (48) hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangement to ensure accessibility to this meeting. (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II).
POSTING: I declare a copy of this agenda was posted at City Hall, 1232 Washington Street, Calistoga, among other locations in the city limits of Calistoga, on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 12:00 p.m.