The City of Calistoga has adopted the use and abides by the
City of Santa Rosa Construction Standards.
Engineering services are provided by City staff engineers and consulting engineers.
1) pre-development engineering information to builders and developers
2) develops and maintains standards for public facility installation by developers,
3) reviews and recommends action on proposed subdivisions of land,
4) provides engineering review of developer plans and specifications for public and semi-public improvements, including grading, drainage, and streets, as well as inspecting such improvements when installed,
5) provides engineering design and construction management of projects as directed by the City Manager and the City Council,
6) provides engineering consultation on City infrastructure maintenance and utility operations, and
7) ensures engineering compliance with applicable State and Federal regulations as they relate to Public Works infrastructure.
The goal of Engineering services is to:
• Plan check subdivision maps, parcel maps, and improvement drawings.
• Plan and design city infrastructure improvements.
• Conduct feasibility and utility rate studies.
• Maintain city engineering plans and records.
• Provide engineering advice for Planning, Building, and Public Works.
• Provide consultation regarding city engineering for the City Manager and City Council.